In March of 2021, the Downtown Bolton Revitalization plan was completed, creating a guideline for future actions and investment to improve the historic downtown area for residents, business owners and visitors.
The Plan is Based On Four Key Themes:
- Economic Vitality
Within those four themes there are 10 action steps proposed, some short-term and some long-term, to continuously improve Downtown Bolton over the coming months and years.
10 Action Steps:
- Establish a Downtown Bolton Task Force (S)
- Resource the Bolton Downtown Revitalization Plan (S)
- Ensure policies are helping Bolton’s downtown core (M)
- Design streets and parking to help Bolton’s downtown core (M)
- Experiment with placemaking pilot projects (S)
- Expedite completion of park, trail, and river improvements (L)
- Fill empty storefronts with successful businesses (M)
- Attract new businesses to downtown Bolton (L)
- Reopen the Fire Station as the ‘FireHub’ (S)
- Promote Downtown Bolton as a shopper, visitor, and investment destination (L)
Legend: S = Short Term, M = Medium Term, L = Long Term