Attention Downtown Bolton brick & mortar businesses, if you haven’t yet applied for the Digital Transformation Grant, now is the time to do so! The grant closes on November 30th, and if eligible, your business can receive $2500 towards expanding your digital presence.
A Digital Transformation Grant is open to any business that meets the following requirements:
Must be a business that:
- Has a permanent ‘brick-and-mortar’ establishment in Ontario
- Is employing 1-50 employees
- Has not received a DTG previously
- Is paying commercial property tax (commercially assessed), either directly or through commercial rent
- Is a registered business in Ontario and/or is incorporated
- Is open for business/operating at the time of application (not a start up)
- Is open to the general public for walk-in and onsite purchases of goods and services – NOT A WHOLESALER OR MANUFACTURER
- Is NOT a business supplying digital services to other businesses (e.g. website design/development, SEO, programming)
- Is NOT a franchise, including those individually owned and operated
- Is NOT a not-for-profit/ charitable organization
- Is NOT renting office space on a temporary basis (month-to-month)
- Is NOT in a shared workspace such as a hot desk or dedicated desk
- Is NOT a purely online business
- An Ontario resident operating a business in Ontario.
- An individual of 18 years of age or older at the time of application.
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Has completed the Digital Transformation for Main Street program, which includes:
- The Digital Main Street Assessment
- Has passed the eligibility quiz
- The online training
- Developing a Digital Transformation Plan
*OBIAA reserves the right to determine who is eligible/ineligible on a case-by-case basis.